9486 in the collection
Wanted: Leadership Fellow
Eva Moskowitz, founded Success Academy Charter Schools in 2006. She is Chief Executive Officer.
Eva Moskowitz founded Success Academy Charter Schools in 2006. She holds a Ph.D. in history from Johns Hopkins University.
You can read full bios of the leaders and the board of directors here. What's fun to read is Eva's e-mails to then-chancellor Joel Klein. You see how she works the politicos. More here.
What's interesting in this ad the qualifications of a school leader are stated: The ideal candidate will have at least 4-6 years of professional work experience. Classroom experience is not required.
Leadership Fellow (Harlem / Morningside)
Join our movement
Success Academy Charter Schools is a fast growing not-for-profit Charter Management Organization (CMO) that operates nine public charter elementary and middle schools throughout New York City. Over the next decade, our network will grow to 40 schools that provide a phenomenal K-8 public education to NYC school children. Our dual mission is to:
1. Offer children in New York City an exceptional public education that prepares them to succeed in college and life.
2. Forever alter the educational prospects for all public school children by creating a "tipping point" -- moving a nation where educational failure is the norm to a nation that expects high-quality public school options for all children.
The Leader Fellowship
Success Academies Leader Fellowship ("L Fellows") is a highly selective one-to-two year paid, full-time position within Success Academies schools starting in late July. The Fellowship is designed to prepare exceptional leaders currently working outside of education to become school leaders at one of the Success Academies across New York City. At the same time, the L Fellows bring their experience delivering results and managing teams into our Leader team. Fellows spend one-to-two years as L Fellows before moving to a Leadership Resident or Principal role at one of our schools.
The L Fellows program centers on three principles:
- A one-to-two year immersion placement in one of our current schools that will prepare you to become an elementary school leader.
- An experience-based instructional and management training. Following summer orientation and participation in Summer T School (our teacher training program), L Fellows partake in weekly sessions (study groups, reading, professional development and external training sessions) designed to build a deep understanding of the Success Academies Culture, Instruction & Curriculum, Operations and Team Management. While some of the fellowship involves formal professional development sessions, the majority is experiential and peer-led.
The ideal L Fellow candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree with a record of top educational performance. The ideal candidate will have at least 4-6 years of professional work experience. Classroom experience is not required.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
• Leadership. A proven record of successfully leading projects, taking on increased responsibility and inspiring teams at work and in the community.
• Results-driven. Focus on delivering results always. Able to plan for and deliver ambitious goals through backwards planning.
• Organization. High level of organization and resourcefulness, with a keen ability to be on top of the day-to-day management of a school. A strong ability to multi-task and to prioritize effectively to accomplish the most important responsibilities without losing sight of other details.
• Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative and analytical ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
• Oral and written communication. Exemplary oral and written communication skills with the ability to inspire others to meet their goals.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful as a Success Academy Leadership Fellow.
• Drive. Relentlessness in the pursuit of excellence and a "whatever it takes" attitude. The stamina to handle long days and the intensity required to open a new high-performing charter school.
• Dedication to mission. Dedication and passion for education reform as well as Success Academies' unique vision, professional standards and values.
• Hunger to Learn. An eagerness to learn and improve ones practice every day. We are constantly pushing our scholars to take their learning to the next level. Likewise, we are looking for Leaders who are self-aware, open to feedback and able to quickly implement what they are learning.
• Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the changing priorities -- along with a willingness to roll up ones sleeves.
• Collaboration. Working with closely teammates who come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
• Beyond Z attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization. At the same time, humble, reflective and willing to continually improve.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines the skills and experience you bring to the fellowship. After your cover letter (in the same document), please answer the following questions. Limit your responses to 150 words or less per question.
1) What personal and professional experiences have influenced your desire to lead a Success Academy school?
2) Describe a time you are most proud of where you inspired one or more persons to achieve excellence. How do you know you were successful?
3) What is the most creative solution you have developed at work?
Apply online: http://www.successacademies.org/join. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis for the July 2012 start; we encourage you to apply early.
Resumes without cover letters and essay questions will not be considered.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
ad for school leader
INDEX OF OUTRAGES
 2 3 4 5 6 Next >> Last >>